Thread: PRS-T1 Android Market working
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #56
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Poor m3l7d0wN... this is the price one as to pay for insane tweaks For me it took 2 days to get the T1 back running...

How did you create the new 2p9 and 2p10 images? Did you fsck them? Did you preserve file attributes like permissions?

Did you run su && fix_permissions via adb shell?

Is your reader partition (2p4) sane?

Which root set did you use? There are root sets that flash their own 2p9 and 2p10 images....

The wiki is on a quite different topic:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=42

Edit: I put a small hint in the wiki...
well, the partitions were created with

mkfs.ext4 -F file.img

then I just extracted the .tar of the dumped partitions.. I always used tar to preserve permissions.
I didn't run fix_permissions, it wasn't necessary. And I couldn't run it with the custom p10 partition since the T1 didn't even boot.

I formatted the p4 partition with adb the first time the T1 booted. All other partitions were ok (I used the same start/end sector in fdisk as you suggested).

I used the sd rescue set from the wiki (the "porkupan").

It would be nice (although a bit dangerous) to do a custom sd rescue with an automated script for repartitioning, with different "stages" (repartition, write p9,p10,p4) or a script runnable from recovery mode..
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote