View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 11:39 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan230 View Post
This was the hint I needed. Deactivating all those plugins comes with the expected result. The Epubs are now byte to byte copies. So thats actually very nice. Do I lose any vital functionality by disabling those plugins though? (I guess the metadata would not be in the opf-file and it would stay the way it is even if I change metadata in calibre? Like adding the author and a tag and stuff)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there going to be any problem disabling the metadata writer?
If you disable the metadata writer then calibre cannot update metadata in the book, e.g., changes made in calibre. I know it will affect send to the device, save to disk, downloading via the content server, and polish books. It could affect the editor embedding metadata. It could affect plugins like quality check. And possibly, indeed probably, more.

Personally, I wouldn't do it because it is using a huge hammer to fix a small problem. Instead I would directly copy the file to the device, perhaps using Save to disk with the device's books folder as the target. Save to disk supports turning off updating metadata during the save.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote