View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 09:49 AM   #67
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghmerrill View Post
"If it isn't hard to use, then users won't understand how much effort it took us and that will reflect poorly on our group" (that's an actual -- and absolutely serious -- comment from my boss in the Novartis AI group in 2001): this is not how I ever chose to develop software for end users, but maybe it works for you. And after all, in software product development, you're the one that's important, eh?
I hope that's a rhetorical "you." Nobody in thread has espoused anything even remotely similar to that view.

But regarding who's the one that's important in software product development ... well that gets pretty fuzzy when there's no actual "product" for sale, and all development is done by a couple of folks who just like to do a little programming in their spare time and don't accept donations of any kind, now doesn't it? Just something to keep in mind for those who continue to insist on incorrectly associating irrelevant software development paradigms with what it is we're actually doing here.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-13-2019 at 09:53 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote