View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 03:19 AM   #13
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Will you be let us know on this forum when the fix is available? I don't remember getting any reminders from iTunes that a new version is available.
Once again, forget about iTunes in relation to your iPad. Nowadays, you don't need iTunes for anything at all. I don't remember when I touched iTunes last time (years ago?!), and I use 2 iPads and an iPhone on a daily basis.

In iOS, you get notified of new releases when you tap the App Store icon, and then tap the Updates tab there. All apps from your iPad will be listed there, for which an upgrade is available. You just tap the "Update" button, and that's it. Marvin, Version 2, will show up there, too, possibly in a few days from today. (And you'll be able to find the very first iPhone version in the App Store, too!)

Oh, and another oddity you mentioned: sending a file via MailBigFile (whatever that is)? Again, strikes me as totally obsolete nowadays, to be mailing anything directly to others. You simply store it in your cloud account (for example, Dropbox), and send the download link to the addressee. After they download the file, you can delete it from Dropbox again. Dropbox, SugarSync, Copy.com, Box.net, etc., are very universal in this regard -- you can use them both for loading books into Marvin, and for sharing any problematic files with others, such as Marvin's developer, in case any troubleshooting is needed.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote