View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #559
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Get a free short (38-page-ish) ebook, Calling, A Biblical Perspective, from the Theology of Work Project.

A quote, from the Theology of Work Project, about their work:
. . . . We spend more time at work than any other waking activity. Understanding God’s calling helps you live life and follow Christ more fully every day of the week.

One of, if not the, largest, of their projects is a commentary/Bible study on every book of the New Testament about what that book of the New Testament says about work. Interesting.

The cost for some "freebies" is less painful than for others. This one is not very painful: simply sign up for the Theology of Work Project's newsletter. You can do it conveniently from this webpage: www.theologyofwork.org/about. Look for the link near the top of the webpage. After signing up, you'll get an email with a link to the ebook; you can also read the ebook online immediately.

ADDENDUM: Folks, I'm going to have to go back and re-read the above-referenced webpage. I got two emails from Theology of Work Project after signing up for their newsletter: one to welcome me, and one to show me a video and give me some information about the organization, etc. However, the website states: "The Theology of Work Project is pleased to offer our eBook, Calling: A Biblical Perspective, as a free gift to you." However, I can't find a link to a downloadable ebook among my email messages from them.

ADDENDUM 2: If, when you are offered the book, try clicking on "online version," or something to that effect. Do not click on "download." After the online version opens, I think that you can download the ebook from there.

Of course, if you've already signed up for the newsletter, viewed the online version, and closed it (a PDF), you might not be able to view the online version again. I'll have to see what I can find out.

Theology of Work states on more than one webpage on their site:
Theology of Work Project Online Materials by Theology of Work Project, Inc. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.theologyofwork.org

You are free to share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work), and remix (to adapt the work) for non-commercial use only, under the condition that you must attribute the work to the Theology of Work Project, Inc., but not in any way that suggests that it endorses you or your use of the work.
© 2013 by the Theology of Work Project, Inc.

Since the document is licensed under a "Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License," it might be that someone who has downloaded the ebook from the online version could post that PDF on MobileRead as an attachment, I will have to read up on that, to be sure, and then consult with one or more of the moderators before giving an answer to you.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-06-2018 at 12:37 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote