View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #13
emacsomancer
emacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toysemacsomancer shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O (1st edn), Xiaomi InkPalm 5
For me, I already have some nice large computer monitors, and a nice laptop, so if I want to read on a phosphorescing screen, I'm covered. No interest in an iPad, and I already have a 10.1" IPS Android tablet for an even more portable eyeball-electroluminescing experience. But what I really want is an experience more like reading on paper.

Just acquired a Kobo Aura HD for $80 - it's at least largish (6.8") and has a microsd card slot so I can carry 32Gb of pdfs. I've been reading pdf books and scientific papers on it and it's not a bad experience at all.

(I don't get the recommendations for non-eink tablets [I've just had one on my 'welcome thread' too; now closed, so I can't reply.

I've spent the last four years trying to use a non-eink tablet for pdf consumption and it's not a pleasant experience for me at all, and so I just don't end up using it.)
emacsomancer is offline   Reply With Quote