View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #14
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSH View Post
I have downloaded this programme. It looks just what I needed. I have Sony prs505, but am in the UK so can't login to buy books from official site. I purchased a book from a uk site in adobe pdf format. I tried to convert using this programm, and for a while there I thought I had done it....but the file size was only 1kb. When the conversion was running it said it couldn't determine amount of pages. When I typed amount in it seemed happy, but as each page was processed it said it was blank. What have I done wrong?
Just to make sure PDFRead is working properly, could you try converting any sample (non-ebook) pdf you have? Does it work for other ebooks you have?

Also, does the filename of your purchased .pdf contain "troublesome" characters, like foreign character or strange quotes?

Now with that out of the way, if the number of pages is not determinable, then there could be issues with that pdf.

Do you know if that .pdf was created with Acrobat version 8 (when loaded check 'PDF Version' in the 'Document Properties' under the File menu of the Abode viewer)? If so, there are issues with this recent version!
Please note that if you are comfortable at the command line/dos prompt, then in the bin directory of the PDFRead installed directory, there is a program called pdftk.exe . Just type the command below to get the same info as above:
Code:
pdftk "c:\directory\your purchased.pdf" dump_data
In the end, if the pdf is not built properly or is encrypted or has security preventing printing/extraction, then it will not work with PDFRead.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote