View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #22
VickiS
VickiS began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiS View Post
My husband ordered me one of these for christmas. The site showed that the color that I was interested in was "in stock" but guess what, it's january 22 and I still haven't received it!

I also saw that QVC was offering the product, and I should have known then that I was in trouble. Well, I went to take a look at QVC just after christmas, and noticed that people who bought it from QVC already had theirs! I don't want to discuss how hot-under-the-collar I was, but that soon subsided when I started reading the feedback; at that time it was 107 negative reviews!

I had my husband cancel our order, but we never once received any sort of email confirmation. So, he began calling again the following monday, and after 3 more hours of dialing, he finally got someone on the phone. The woman told him that in the off chance the order arrived that we should refuse the package... All I want is my money back, and to date the money has not been refunded to our account.

In hindsight, I learned that I will never trust a new product during the christmas holidays. My husband feels so bad, being that I was the only family member who didn't have a present to open on christmas morning! I feel so cheated!

I do not agree with anyone in this thread who says that this company has great customer service! They might have some kind of great technical support, but customer service is deplorable! I wouldn't be here writing this if it were not for the fact that my money has not yet been returned!

Best wishes for those who are enjoying their cool-er... I wish we had more money to spare to buy the kindle until our money is returned from cool-er, but alas we don't.

Vicki S.
Update: We did "FINALLY" get our money refunded to our account, after numerous calls, at the very end of January. I cannot review the product itself because it was never delivered, so my experience can only be related to the worst customer service I have ever been subjected to in my entire 40 years.

From what I understand, cooler headquarters is located in the UK, and that US shipments are subjected to the full customs review. I feel as if I got caught up in a poorly planned, poorly executed corporate not-so-bright idea, hatched by money-hungry idiots ill prepared to deal with inevitable disaster! Sorry, but I needed to get that out of my system!

I have since discovered great feedback on the product, and feel that if it had been represented properly my experience would have been far more positive... I am extremely happy with my kindle 2 replacement, and I am very happy about the way this entire experience played out.

The sad thing is that customer service, here in the US, is going to ruin a reputable company and product... I know that it left a bad taste in my mouth! Perhaps someone will read this feedback and realize that this product is only $20 less than Kindle; which has so much more to offer by way of features. I just went to the cooler site and looked at all the different cities, and the product is still "out of stock" across the board. I found myself wondering if I would still be waiting for my cooler to arrive?

Vicki S...
VickiS is offline   Reply With Quote