View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #24
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
I found The Hunger Games Trilogy (that's how I read it, as a single e-book) was an enjoyable read, despite it having a few writing (and several editing) flaws:

- Book 2 near the end has a ridiculously long "tell, don't show" moment, as does the third book near the end.

- There was at least one reference to "Peacemaker", which is a simple editing error (the book has "Peacekeepers" and "Gamemakers", but no "Peacemakers").

- The first 7 chapters or so every character refers to the final meal of the day as "supper", but afterward every character suddenly starts referring to it as "dinner", and no explanation for this sudden and all-pervasive change is offered.

- The narration refers in one instance to Effie as a "sponsor" for tributes, which is potentially confusing since sponsors has another definition in the book and the editor should have removed/reworded that reference.

The situation is interesting, the books move quickly, and there are characters that I found relatable, so I forgive it for its failings.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote