View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #11
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
I disagree on this .. I have DXG, it does not have the PDF features of much cheaper Kindle 3 like re-flow, zooming PDF page into 2/4/6 parts, etc. ... I was disappointed with Amazon for abandoning DXG without any firmware updates for PDF .. I am now using Sony ereader 350 with excellent PDF features, leave DXG in my drawer ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddemann View Post
Have you tried a Kindle DXG?

I have about 50pdf`s on my DXG, some are 1200 page calculus books, and and others are 500 pages normal books. In none of mye pdfs did i have problem reading the text or the equations and graphs as i had with pro 903. Some of the pdf`s loads slowly, or that page changes takes time, but after starting to read a book and using the bookmark function i usually never have problems reading. With pro 903 it often freezed so i had to restart it, never has happened to the DXG. So DXG could be slow on som large pdf`s, but works and shows all info. Pro 903 freeze, has problems with scaling text and showing graphs.

And 903 is a more expensive than the DXG. And the DXG even has a free 3G connection. I believe the DXG is the best reader on the marked for pdf`s.

Regards
Odd
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote