View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 01:14 AM   #96
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad mini
I tried Spatial Audio with CarPlay for the first time with the Classical SA playlist. Pretty darn nice! Seemed I could hear what was going on much more easily than with plain stereo. I generally have to go with music that is less dynamic, given road noise (why can’t someone invent active road noise cancellation?).

I have not figured out if it is possible to stream SA over cellular: if you choose Lossless, will SA piggy-back on that? I’ll have to run an experiment.

I think the selection is much larger than it might appear from the featured albums and playlists. I’ve stumbled over several playlists that were not featured.

It makes sense that you won’t see Dolby Atmos option unless you subscribe. Purchased content or iTunes Match content will be forever without it (256kbps AAC max).
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote