View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 09:18 AM   #83
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
@DiapDealer: Yes, that was the problem. Now that I installed Visual C/C++ runtime, both the CustomCleaner++ and the Html2Epub plugin work well.
One has to check for updates of Visual C/C++ manually, I suppose?

I think I'll use the plugins frequently, as they produce an epub as I like. Thanks to all!
There's not likely to be any more updates for the 2010 Visual C/C++ runtime. And starting with Visual Studio 2015, any programs compiled with Visual Studio 2015-2019 will work with the same runtime that comes pre-installed. They seem to have gotten their act together in that regard (finally).

So except for the rare program that needs the Visual 2010 or 2013 runtime, you should be good to go. And most program installers will tell you explicitly what you're lacking. It's only this rare case of including dlls with a python script where something might fall through the cracks. It used to be that Sigil itself would have provided the 2010 runtime for you. But that was back when Sigil was using VS2010 and VS2013 runtimes.

I try to cross compile dlls for scripts like this with MinGW wherever possible to remove any dependencies upon a specific MSVCR version for precisely this reason. But I've ever tried building the newer libtidy-html5, so I don't know if that's easily doable. Glad its working for you now!
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote