View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Blackberry Curve 8330, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Ahh yes, I saw the thread regarding Instapaper and filed it away, at least now I have a reason to test it out.

Have you saved many Wikipedia articles RR? I tried saving the article on Canada to test it out myself, and I keep getting a blank epub with only the link the original article...
I've tried a couple other articles, and they worked fine. So I'm just curious if you've experienced this on some thing, and how common it is. (I don't want to have to check every epub from there for this kind of stuff)
Actually that was my first attempt at saving a Wikipedia article. I might save more now that I can.

The issue with the Canada article must have something to do with the way Instapaper creates the ePub. If I click the "text" box on Instapaper the link works properly but if I create an ePub I only get the link to the article as you found. Interesting.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote