View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Elonex EB511 - Questions

Succumbed to temptation and bought one of these via EBay - and though I was a little sceptical initially, it's actually not at all bad.

The screen is very clear.

The keyboard is a little redundant other than the number keys and some others but the interface is very intuitive. I do like being able to put things in folders (Calibre kindly creates them for you if you do Save to Disk). Adobe Digital Editions does recognise the device but if you do the drag and drop from there it will put it in an 'author' folder called adobe digital editions. I tend to 'release' books anyway so will make sure to get them into Calibre from now on as it is very easy to manage that way. The folders thing is something I miss from the Sony.

I'm going to use this one when I am out and about and keep my precious 505 in its padded case with the skulls and roses on (via AnnesAddictions at Etsy) for bedside reading.

Does anyone know of a good case for the Elonex? I guess something generic for 5" readers might do?

Does the new firmware update fix pdf reflow - as that is the main negative point - it doesn't. I have some pdf ebooks that come from the library and they don't reflow, it wants you to pan across the page. The Sony reflows.

I did convert the pdf in question to EPUB via Calibre but its a bit messy so I am going to try editing in Sigil.

Thanks for all advice!
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote