View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I seem to have 14 collections in my list, but that includes a couple from the 90s.

I noticed yesterday that the big three-volume collected stories sets (Poirot, Marple and Other) are available in the UK as EPUBs - from BoB, kobo and iBooks - but not for Kindle. I might have to contact HarperCollins and find out why.

I have been picking up my Agatha Christies as pbook "rentals" from charity shops because I wasn't happy to pay the ebook prices (roughly £400 for the whole set), but I was considering getting the short stories as an ebook so I can dip in and out more easily. I think the canonical collections are not really in a particularly good order for reading. There are a few stories in Poirot Investigates that take place before Murder on the Links, and are mentioned at the start of that book, for instance.

Obviously these bigger collections are quite expensive as ebooks, but they must be collecting around 4 smaller collections each so the price is not too bad even at charity shop rates.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote