View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #39
bethany7
Enthusiast
bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!bethany7 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
To read 20,000 pages and 52 books

Okay, so I have never done a reading challenge before, so please bear with me if I do anything wrong!

I tend to read a lot of longer books, so I think it would be better to set myself a "pages read" goal instead of a number of books. I'm going to go with 20,000 pages, which isn't too many (I hope!), and therefore hopefully achievable! I don't like to fail at things, so I want to manage the goal! I'd like to read, on average, a book a week, but this would be a bonus, as some books I have read recently have taken a fair while longer than a week!

My motivation to read (or do anything!) varies wildly from day-to-day, so hopefully this challenge will keep me on track, and doing something useful, instead of spending all my time doing nothing!

To sum up:

Primary goal: read a total of 20,000 pages
Secondary goal: read 52 books

Books Read:
Spoiler:

1. Wasted - Marya Hornbacher (reread, from many years ago)
2. The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon (reread)
3. Fragile - Nikki Grahame
4. Insurgent - Veronica Roth
5. It's Kind of a Funny Story - Ned Vizzini
6. Delirium - Lauren Oliver
7. Punish the Sinners - John Saul
8. The Fault in our Stars - John Green

Total Pages: 2452
Total Books: 8

Last edited by bethany7; 01-30-2013 at 01:29 PM.
bethany7 is offline   Reply With Quote