View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
HTML converted books causing crashes - Calibre or PRS-505 issue?

The majority of books I read are online stories that I build using the multiple HTML page process and it's been working great until a few days ago.

Here is a list of what is happening. Again, this is only with self-made books using HTML pages - not purchased books.

~ Reading along and turn a page I suddenly get a blank screen. After 30 seconds or so, the reader reboots itself. If I hit continue reading, same thing happens. If I am quick enough and hit my page forward button, I can jump past this "bad spot" but it takes several attempts. This has happened with a number of books, not just one.

~ If I try to jump to a page, I get the "thinking" arrows, formatting text at bottom of screen. This usually goes on for several (3+) minutes before it finishes. Books range from 200 - 300 pages. I've had books twice this size and never had this issue before. Eventually, when I turn a page, the reader reboots itself again.

~ Pages now turn much slower than before. Regular (store bought) books don't have this problem.

I had recently undated to Calibre 6.11 so I went back to 6.8. Didn't help.
I usually convert to epub so I tried several other formats. Didn't help.

I only have around 70 books/short stories on my reader.

I'm thinking now that my reader is the culprit and not the books I'm adding. Anything else I should try before I have to buy a new one? That would one a new can of worms!
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote