Thread: epub3
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #25
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryEnthusiast View Post
I'm still in the learning stage on how to produce ebooks. I need to learn the structure, setup files, etc. and then write a program to convert my HTML-based stories automatically to ebooks. I thought by the time I start producing ebooks, ePub3 will be more widely accepted. That's why I want to start from the latest specifications. However, it appears from what you said that ePub3 won't be widely available for quite a while.
I don't expect too, only for niche products. To be honest, ePUB3 has some benefits for certain types of books like academical books, cookbooks and children's books.
For the majority of books it will not bring an improvement. Since all ePUB3 readers are required to also support ePUB2, there are no objections in using ePUB2 when possible.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote