View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #32
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Molen View Post
Voted for Henning Mankell.

His Wallander series is fantastic, and the BBC films are very good too. I enjoy that they're set in Sweden, with Swedish-language props and background audio, but that the actors speak English. I think of it like the universal translator from Star Trek: Kenneth Branagh and colleagues are technically speaking Swedish, but my ears hear it in English.

But back to the Wallander books. So far I've read six of the 10 Wallander novels, and have never been let down. My favourite is probably Sidetracked, but I also really enjoyed The Troubled Man. Although it should be noted that The Troubled Man is the last in the series, and one should probably wait and read that one last. I didn't and kind of regret it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I love Kenneth Branagh and this series sounds great, so I just downloaded the first season of the BBC series via iTunes.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote