View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #16
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i've said this in earlier posts in other threads, but i think that here and now it is worth repeating.

over the chronology span of the short story volume 'side jobs' and the 13 published dresden files novels, the main characters all change as they age and mature, as we all do in real life.
Yeah, I know. You did say she would grow/change/mature. She is obviously a good cop, maybe even a great one. My issue with her, however, is that she does not give what she expects demands to receive. She goes to him, pulls him into these situations that she damn well knows she can not handle on her own without his help and expertise, then she tries to dictate the situation making demands and preventing him from doing his best work. If she wants Harry to be able to trust her enough to bring her in, then she has to trust him enough to do what he needs to do instead of flying off the handle, putting Harry and herself in more danger, unnecessarily. It just annoys me to no end (as you can tell ). The scorpion scene I described in the other thread is a prime example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Murphy has made me grumble to myself on more than one occasion. I remember almost yelling "Are you kidding me!?!" while reading Storm Front, when:
Spoiler:
She gets attacked by the scorpion in his office, and as he gets down to check on her she handcuffs him!

What is it with her handcuffing or arresting him at the worst possible moments?

Last edited by Nyssa; 09-17-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: "best work" not "beat work"
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote