View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #119
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Does anyone have an idea why a particular document's italics don't work in Moon+, but the same epub's italics work correctly in Mantano Essentials? I tried it on 2 devices, and they don't appear as italics. (Incidentally, the italics don't work in Coolreader either. They do work on the Paperwhite and Kobo). For some reason the font I like looks better in Moon+ than in Mantano. And there are other reasons why I prefer Moon+. But this book can't be read in Moon+!

Oddly enough, on my new Nexus 7, the same book does show italics. Though they are not in the same font. That doesn't bother me. I'm just happy they are there. The ads were so much more annoying, though, that I had to buy the pro version. For what this app does, it's worth it.
The developer is aware of the custom font italics don't show the correct font in Kit Kat but he doesn't seem to want to look into it or fix it. I suggest you email him and tell him the issue. If you mention the Nexus 7 make sure to tell him it's the 2013 model and be sure to include the build # of your Android found under settings.

Mantano is the only app that displays correctly external style sheets. This is why it works. Moon+ will only display some simple styles and ignore others.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote