View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #22
hansl
Zealot
hansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Sony PRS-T3S, CoolReader on 4'' Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
They coexist fine on the Kindle Fires.
Took me two minutes to get Nook on my Kindle.
Sorry, I forgot that this is the news forum and had only eInk readers in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
On the eInk Kindles they would if ADEPT weren't a for profit venture for Adobe requiring its own licensing fees. But as long as Adobe competes against Amazon they aren't getting a free ride on Kindles.
I doubt that since they don't even support non-DRMed epub.

Also, its not a free ride since the user pays for the eInk Kindle.
If Amazon would offer epub with Adobe DRM I could read it on my Sony. And Amazon for sure wouldn't worry about this user paid ride on a Sony.

And Adobe has no bookstore except for books about Adobe software, with an incarnation as the Adobe Bookstore at Amazon! So where is the competition except that between DRMs which isn't a competition really as long as Amazon's is bound to AZW on Kindles?

Last edited by hansl; 11-08-2013 at 04:27 AM.
hansl is offline   Reply With Quote