View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #11
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Sigh. Go to here and see what was said. Shortly after my last post there, the problem was fixed (now it's broken again). Nothing was said about logging in on a different user ID (I wasn't aware that I was logging in on an ID).

Btw, changing libraries by running the Welcome Wizard still works properly. It's just awkward and takes longer.
I see I missed something. I thought you were seeing a saved configuration that held over between library switches. That would be normal for the reasons I listed and could be solved by the two methods mentioned. (You are logged in as a user in Windows and *nix. Calibre keeps the configuration settings for each user separately, so if you log in as a different user, you get a different stored set of configs, which would have solved what I thought was your issue.)

Instead, you seem to be seeing a problem related to the fact that switching libraries via Preferences doesn't fully reinitialize the way that switching via the Wizard does. I'm still not sure what the problem is? I read where you wrote that "the columns selected change" but couldn't figure out what that meant. You also wrote that rebooting didn't help, but it's surprising that you can fix something with the Wizard that a reboot won't fix, unless you're saying it corrupts when switching via Preferences, and the reboot doesn't fix that
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote