View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Why would the post an update? They would rather sell another device.
(Sorry, just being sarcastic).

Let's face it, they came up with an update for the 505 approx. 1-2 years after introduction to the market. All it brought was epub support as far as I know.

The only things that improved the 505s functionality were "homebrews" like PRS+ (browse folders and such).

I'm still waiting for parts of PRS+ being ported to the 600. So far, there is the "russification" of the PRS series (300/600/900) which brings russian fonts, clock display, screenshot capability.

On the other side, the Sony FW was stable right from when I bought my devices. So Sony takes the approach to finish a product and then place it on the market rather than putting it on the market and the final functionalities are only on paper and may never come (or come once you bought another reader).

So I think Sony probably won't bring out a FW update for either the 300/600/900, but well, the readers work pretty good and they do what they advertise.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote