View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #28
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miladysa View Post
@ BearMountainBooks
Maria

I agree with you there.

I was first approved after a couple of days and changed my cover before the book could be distributed outside of Smashwords. Although it only took a couple of days for the second approval it meant that I missed the distribution dates

Fingers crossed Refuge of Delayed Souls will go to B&N, Shortcovers & Sony today/tomorrow. Have NO idea when it will go to Amazon - 25 Nov is showing on the dashboard but obviously that it not correct.

Refuge of Delayed Souls
Volume One
RoYds

I wouldn't sweat the B&N--the nook isn't out yet--and certainly not in bulk so from following Kindleboards, my impression is that books that are up there are getting maybe 1 sale per month (if that. I don't think I have had any, but there's some confusion about how and when the sales are reported. I'm not sure if I can tell when a B&N occurs versus a smashwords, other than one is an affiliate sale) The nook is supposedly shipping, but it may take a while to start creating sales. There isn't an active forum for B&N either so it makes it harder to get the word out. (While there is a self-promo thread, from the lack of activity on the other forum threads, I'm not sure there are very many people using the forum.)

I have no experience with the sony store since the first upload hasn't happened. Having recently refreshed all my books, I may not make the first upload, but if someone really wants to read my stuff, it's on smash, so it's available!!!

Good luck with your endeavor. When it shows up on amazon, make sure and tell Kindleboards. There's lots of kindle owners over there, obviously!
Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote