View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 07:13 AM   #6
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Sorry to drag up this old thing AGAIN, but I've got something goofed up with the "Send to Device"...

I HAD Calibre set up so it put my books within an author folder on my Nexus 7. Worked FINE. I recently installed a new O/S on the PC (Win 8.1), and re-installed Calibre. Now all my books are going in by title (I think)...

Went into Calibre to change the "Send to Device" preference and I cannot figure out how to get it back to storing the books within the author (last name, first name) folders. I went back and the original preference is set to:

{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

which gets me books on the Nexus by "title - author.epub" and no author folders

I looked at the reply by DoctorOhh and changed the setting to:

{author_sort}/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

but that STILL gets me books by title then author and no folders.

So, BACK to the DoctorOhh entry and grabbed the OTHER choice there:

{author_sort}\{author_sort}-{series:||-}{series_index:05.2f||-}{title}

and put THAT in the preference just to see if I could get ANYTHING to change. As near as I can tell, I STILL get anything I send to device just dumped in the Books folder by title then author...

I've now been looking for a couple hours, using whatever search string I could thing of, and still haven't found the thing I need in the preference...
How do I get this thing BACK to putting my books in folders by author?
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote