View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 06:33 AM   #1
bhoyt
Enthusiast
bhoyt began at the beginning.

Device: KT, Android Tablet and Phone
Bug converting html css text-indent and left-margin

Back in version 0.9.25 I converted by NIV Bible. It worked well.

Now I have revised the indentation of poetry and genealogical lists. But using calibre 1.21 the   are removed and negative text-indent used with left-margin is incorrect.

In the attached files (test.html, test.css) the indentation is correct in my browsers but not when I convert to azw3 for my kindle.

Note: line 11: <p class="poet04">&nbsp;&nbsp;<sup class="vn" id="v01010002">2</sup>The sons ...

It converts to: <p class="poet"><sup class="vn" id="v01010002">2</sup>The sons ...

The &nbsp; are removed which I am using for proper indentation. And the class="poet04" which has margin-left:4em; and text-indent:-4em; is changed to class="poet" with margin-left:4em; but text-indent:3% WRONG!!

Note: line 9: <p>&nbsp;&nbsp;<sup class="vn" id="v01010001">1</sup>This is ...

It converts to: <p class="calibre1"><sup class="vn" id="v01010001">1</sup>This is ...

Again the &nbsp; are removed and the <p> tag is replaced by <p class="calibre1"> with a text-indent:3% which is close to correct. OK.

Can the &nbsp; be left and the margin and text-indent settings be left so that my indentations will work correctly?

If not what kind of fix should I use?

Thanks, Kovid.
Your program is great!! Thanks muchly for all the work you have put into it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (2.2 KB, 202 views)
bhoyt is offline   Reply With Quote