View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #164
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichrispa View Post
As I said: that's normal. The update overwrites/resets your database. Restore the one from your backup folder and the books should show up again. See my post above.
No it doesn't. Unless you do a factory reset or logout during the update the internal database will still be there.

And restoring a database from a previous firmware might not work. The database structure gets change with most releases. It gets updated during the firmware update process, but I wouldn't guarantee that it was fixed if you replaced it with an old one later on. From memory, 2.3.2 uses DBVersion 69 and 2.3.1 uses DBVersion 68. It is actually safer to go the other way as nearly all changes are to add columns or tables. But, there have been a couple of changes that might have caused problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote