View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #23
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
I would like to cast my vote for the ability to search in only one direction -- just down and just up. Of course, if this would present undue technical difficulties or entail too much time to implement, I could understand why the developers would not do it.

I could think of a few instances where I might use this. For example, say all the headlines in a book had the same style -- ie, the "Introduction" ... "Table of Contents" ... the "Foreword" .... plus all the "Chapters XX." But say you want to change just the chapter heads to a different style. Well then you'd only want to do a search-and-replace from the first chapter down and skip all the material preceding Chapter 1. I understand that this probably can be done with some form of regex using the word "Chapter" but regex is hard for a lot of people (including me!) and harder to get right.

I think I would use the options fairly often, if they were there. But, again, if it was technically difficult to implement I can understand leaving it out.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote