View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #118
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Okay I lied--another thing too: The somewhat fuzziness of the fonts at lower light brightness levels is fairly obvious to me to be the additional substrate layers. When Sony first made touch screen eReaders they had terribly fuzzy fonts. The fuzziness isn't that bad as the PRS-x00 line, but it is definately caused by the substrate IMO. I was so afraid this would be the case, but was hoping I would be pleasantly surprised. But to be brutally honest, the new KPW screen when viewed with the light totally off shows fonts pretty close to the fuzziness level of pre-Pearl screens. The KPW screen with light off looks to be just better than the old pre-Pearl screens and much worse than the first Pearl screens. Yuk!!
Time to call for a replacement. I think you got a grey eInk which I did when I first got my K4 last year. I wouldn't settle with it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote