View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Still, my original question remains unanswered.... I cannot use this KT binary on my K3 because the KT is ARMv7, right?
It may work. You will not know for sure if you do not try it. You will only have problems running K5 software on a K3 if it depends on something that is in the K5 but not in the K3, whether that is a newer loadable library, or a touchscreen, or newer CPU instructions that the older CPU does not support. Well-written software should fall back to software methods when hardware is missing (such as software floating point on computers that do not have floating point hardware). I try to write code that runs on all the eink kindles, such as most of my various demos that I published here. You can use my source code in your programs to do the same stuff.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-01-2012 at 04:11 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote