View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #95
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Google isn't about making things look pretty.
[rant]
Funny thing, the one thing Google keeps doing that ticks me off is trying to make things look pretty.

I came to love Google search for it's simple white screen, loading fast on any browser, on any connection, and nothing ticked me off more than when they started adding fade-in menus and tools bars.

Similarly on Gmail, the old simple WAP-like mobile view worked on my K2, and any other way I ever needed to access, just fine. Now the mobile view has floating tool bars that disappear on my Fire, and other annoyances, and I can't see that it brought me any value other than trying to look pretty.

Grrr!
[/rant]
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote