View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #57
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Interesting thread folks!

I've been waiting for a device to read b/w-business-pdf in A4 (mostly articles from magazines e.g) since 2006. I got hold of one of the enTourage eEGe as soon as it was sold in Europe. I use it, like it and know it's limitations. I had a 9,7" pocketbook in my hands before it was available and then when it came to market. I don't own an ipad (don't want to).

I'd really like the 9,7" or bigger devices to finally see a breakthrough. And I had some really high hopes set on the Hanvon / Ectaco too .

But I don't believe any longer that eInk will be the one owning the professional and/or educational market. That chance has gone by. The big devices needed there are simply way too expensive to find mercy in front of any board considering the acquisition of devices for education. Simply won't happen. And formats of content will change in time and we will probably finally get rid of the PDF format instead. Won't be bad either.

What we'll probably see is someone like Asus teaming up with mirasol and putting those screens in laptops, netbooks and tablets. And eInk will gain in other areas and be around for some time.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote