View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #15
Extragooey
Extragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I bought a T1 from Best Buys last night. I'm coming from a PRS-650 and having owned the T1 for less than 24 hrs, here are my impressions compared to the 650.

1. Better screen. Comparing it side by side, the screen on the 650 looks a little bit "blue".
2. Better original font and additional fonts. Using the original font on both, with the same ebook on the same page, the contrast on the T1 is just better. Perhaps it's the combination of the font and the better screen I mentioned in 1. Additional fonts are great as well. I can now not envy Kindle users and their high contrast font.
3. Lighter. We're only talking about ounces, but it makes a difference.
4. Wifi. I never thought I'd ever need wifi for an ebook reader, but now that I have it, I realize how convenient it is. I was transferring books via wifi from my Calibre library through the Calibre content server . I don't think I'll ever need to install the Sony software. Unless there's a reason to that I don't know about.
5. Glossy bezel is a negative. While it is not a major negative, the glare is definitely noticeable and a bit annoying in direct lighting. Also, your oily fingerprints are highly noticeable on the bezel. It's just silly making it glossy.

Overall, I think it was a worthy upgrade from the 650, even with the glossy bezel. The battery life is something I'm interested in and will keep an eye on. My 650 drains battery too fast under standby mode so I hope they've improved standby efficiency. We'll see if this is the case.
Extragooey is offline   Reply With Quote