View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nice!

Unless I messed up somewhere, the tgz file I got out of kindle_update_tool.py was missing a proper tar/gz header, and didn't match the md5sum.

I had to fiddle with it a bit to be able to uncompress it.

I'm somewhat befuddled to find out that they're still trying to use a -rt kernel (2.6.31-rt11)... Will it end up being built without preempt at all, like they did with the K3? Because that was funny, watching them switch gradually from PREEMPT_RT to PREEMPT_NONE... ;p. On the other hand, glad to see that it's running on an A8!

And, yay, looks like there's a I18N UI in there .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-29-2011 at 12:29 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote