View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #7
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Well, an Overdrive that you pay for would be an obvious solution since it has the DRM already to expire the book. I'd pay a buck or two to bypass the wait time, but honestly, there are probably less than 5 books a year I'd be that desperate to read, and if it's in a series and I already own the other ones, I'd probably just buy it. The only series I devoutly follow and eagerly anticipate is the JD Robb books and those usually hit the best-seller list pretty quickly and get marked down to $9.99.

If I did pay for an ebook rental service, it'd be on the level of a yearly fee, not a monthly one. The $30 I pay for the out of district Philadelphia card is fair and I get my money's worth out of it. But that's about as high as I would go, price-wise, given that I read a lot of indie and older stuff.

Might branching out a little be another solution to your problem? There is more to life than new best-sellers...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote