View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@meme - well if you are running from source you could do the dev for it so you are ready to release this weekend

A straight migration of the code doesn't take too long - but if like me you decide to refactor it at the same time into separated code files and change your patterns for splitting the code it becomes rather non-trivial, I miss my C# refactoring tools, sigh. Plus you get no auto-completion assistance in Eclipse of any of your own code since it can't resolve the import statements. Then to round things off for me I found that Eclipse's IDE "Problems" parsing refused to work on many of my code files, so I may as well have been back to working in notepad for all the assistance it would give me in telling me about missing imports etc. I have no idea why Eclipse does that for some files and not others - not Kovid's problem I know!

I've finished converting them all now and done some testing but I wouldn't be surprised if I've introduced some bugs as careful as I tried to be. It will all pay off in the long term hopefully.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote