Thread: Combine Books?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
I have a collection of recipes that I would like to make into a book for my personal use. They were done as mobi files for each individual recipe but I would like to compile them. I did some button pushing and tried various things including "add empty book" but haven't figured my way around this yet.
You are trying to do what an editor is designed to do. Calibre won't do it. I don't know any mobi editors, but you could probably convert to epub, combine with Sigil and convert back to mobi

Quote:
Would be nice to have an explanation of when to use "add empty book", as well.
An "empty book" is a record in Calibre's database that has no associated book format or file. Calibre keeps a record (a "book") for each book. Inside that record are one or more files (a "format"). An empty book has the record, but no actual files. It's used for things like:
1) To keep track of paper format books that you own.
2) As a starting point to copy another book into with "merge-keep others" so you end up with two books - each with the same formats.
3) As a starting point to remind you of books you'd like to buy and later will add the format when you buy it.

Last edited by Starson17; 08-09-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote