View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #27
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I like the idea of another e-reader with a micro-SD slot and few proprietary restrictions. If the idea catches on, it will mean more e-reader and content choices and a viable market to support them.

Tolino needn't get the bezel right on their first Shine. Even Amazon got the Kindle wrong at first.

Props to T's marketing researchers for naming the device after a form of clairvoyance that consumers associate with horror novels. I'm inclined to buy a product from a company that would do that unintentionally (slightly less so from one that would decorate the box with Jack Nicholson's grin).

The layout of the accessories page is hilarious.

I love the crude butterfly cutouts circling an elated case-confident Shine in the very last image. That might have made more sense if the style of the page evoked a Victorian child's scissor-forged collage, or the Shine's face and button were bedizened with Art Nouveau curlicues.

But really, where's the fun in making sense?

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 03-17-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote