View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #85
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I'm Digging around getting the audio working. (That's my background) any tips? I got the video streaming working and I know GM is close on this one already.

I would PM but I'm sure everyone want's to know. I got my tools working now. Happy to help.
WHAT tools did you get working?

I compiled ffmpeg to run on the kindle (with all options, but no alsa sound). I can play a video, and output RAW 800x600 monochrome video to my "gmvid transcoder" (piped through stdout/stdin). The pipe that to gzip and to a file (which is how I transcoded the *.gmvid.gz files in the first post). I can ALSO start another instance of ffmpeg playing the audio piped to stdout, then to the kindles built-in audio player (using stdin).

On the K4 and K5, it can play realtime video and audio that way (even from x.264 1080p source material). But on a K3, it works better playing 640x480 DivX video). The K3 cannot do x.264 decoding in realtime (using the compiler options I used to build ffmpeg).

My ffmpeg can also record the kindle framebuffer direct to video.

What I really want is a program that can output video and audio without audio glitches (like the other kindle video player does).

If we want to continue supporting piping like I use now, I need to interleave the audio into my gmv files (which are now just raw dithered 600x800 video packed 8 binary pixels per byte, no file header). I was thinking of adding a file header OVERLAYING the first video frame (for compatibility with old players). A new player could detect a magic number in the header and not display that first frame. The header could say what kind of audio it contains, and other video stuff)...

Just ideas. I do not remember -- did I even publish my gmvid transcoder anywhere (stdin 8-bit pixels, stdout dithered packed binary pixels)? If not, I can do it in a couple of weeks.

P.S. What did you think of the "Harvey" video?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote