View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 03:44 PM   #9
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I'm in favor of a using a desktop (of whatever flavor) as the "gold standard". That means syncing portable devices to/from. A truck ran over your portable device? No problem, buy a new device and sync it in under five minutes. Calibre is ok if you only deal in books, but you might want something that can do bidirectional syncing of any sort of files.
I think it's problematic finding something multi-platform for bidirectional sync for sideloaded EPUB. Calibre+Kobo work well together but I don't believe either would pair well with Android or iOS for sideloaded stuff.

I find PDFs are the easiest to deal with for highlights/annotations since I believe those are embedded into the document itself. I can annotate a PDF file on GoodReader, sync via Dropbox, and all my annotations show up on Adobe Reader on the PC. The reverse is fine, too. I'm sure there are also plenty of apps for Android that can handle PDF annotations well.

Honestly, only app I can think of that will do cross-platform annotations sync for non-PDF across e-reader, Android and iOS is the Kindle (for purchased ebooks or Send to Kindle/Kindle Cloud). Alas, no syncing with Kindle for PC.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote