View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #61
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Not true. Not every position in the drone industry is going to require an engineer-level education. Besides, I guarantee you a postal job is more difficult to get (and education-level has nothing at all to do with the reason for that).

Correction: the jobs created are almost always on a higher level of specificity than the ones eliminated. "Much" higher is debatable. I don't know that the education level required always is, either. Again... pointless education level requirements are the fault of stupid company policies--not automation. A degree has never been that reliable of an indicator of intelligence, aptitude, or preparedness.

Nothing new under the sun here. Where did the Buggy-whip manufacturer's employees go to work when cars came along? This is the way of the world. Always has been. I just don't get the angst.
Just adding to this:
Your field of expertise goes belly up, you look for another line of work to feed your family.
Yes it is probably lower pay but you make do and adjust. You may lose everything and have to start all over but it has been done many times. I know way too many people that happened to. And it can take 2 decades to get back to where you were.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote