View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 02:23 AM   #50
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Just curious - would you be able to read something like this? I was going also do a screen print with a ragged right, but I forgot that Bookari can't do left justify anymore.

Attachment 153643
No, but not because of the gaps, I prefer that over a ragged right. I think the font is way too large for the screen. I can't see sentences at all with a layout like that, it's all a jumble of words.
It's one reason why I don't read a lot of on my phone, even though it's a 5.5" screen. It's too small and I'd have to make the font very small to get enough words on a line. My tablet is 16:10 and that makes a world of difference in my eyes.

The problem I have with ragged right is similar to why I can't read that screenshot. I can't see the paragraphs. You have two ways to seperate parts in a chapter: newline and whitespace. They both have a different function. The newline is a minor break, the whitespace is a larger break. And the newline is only visible if you have a justified text (as that sentence will almost never (there are always exceptions!) hug the right margin.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote