Thread: Scary readers
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #21
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Miranda View Post
In my previous post, rather than "reading too fast" I should have said "speed reading," a fad popular at one time but fortunately no longer in vogue. I was reminded of it by some of the figures cited in the thread.
Ah, yes, then we are most certainly in agreement. I remember when people were selling "speed reading classes" and such. That never made sense to me outside the realm of "required reading for X". It almost seems like reading for the sake of doing so rather than to experience what one is reading. If I recall, at the time it was so popular, everything was about "We are all so busy and have no time for anything!" Also popular were time management classes, systems, and books.

I can easily go through a book a day, or more, when I'm in a "reading mood", but that has much more to do with my lifestyle than my reading speed.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote