View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's also bad when it becomes an inside joke.

I used to joke about TV re-doing shows by referencing "CSI-Sheboigen" then someone in another thread joked about "CSI-Ank Morpork" referencing Terry Pratchet's Diskworld.

I added "CSI-Ank Morpork" to the end of a text message and my wife burst out laughing in the middle of a meeting then could not explain to the rest of her group what was so funny.

Some other phrases we use:

"Damb Skippy" from Janet Evanovitch Plumb books.

"Bacon Fairy" - from Gemma Halliday where she described a yippy dog looking at the main character with adoration as though she was the Bacon Fairy. We use it for any person who appears smitten with someone or thing.

"Important Safety Information" - from a Dave Barry article where he describes how intently men perform the breast-assessment-glance. We use it to describe any well endowed (or well displayed) cleavage.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote