View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 07:24 AM   #7
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by boca View Post
Do you ever use the Wikipedia search option on the Kindle?
I personally would be all over that, since I love to know something about anything at all times

One potential positive, is that if Sony are only using the 3G radio to access the Sony store, then presumably any future feature that includes newspaper downloads would also be available to the other devices via USB cable?

Here's hoping.
I used the wikipedia/google searching function in the Kindle a few times but the browser and the whole net access available to the kindles in general is so painfully slow, it's painful just to use the interface... really it's very bad. I know why they keep it in an "Experimental" section .

It's much faster for me to look something up on my iPhone, or even go find a computer...

As for newspaper, you can do that with Kindle too. It's never assumed that owners of the Kindle will have wireless access in their areas so all features can be used (except bookmark syncing!) with the PC. In Amazon's kindle management web page, if you have an actual Kindle device (as in, not just the iPhone app) registered, you get an added option next to your purchases to download the files.
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote