View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #10
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I had to write 4 scripts for the appendix folder: a, bc, de, f. (I'm not including g.)
I had wanted to retain the look and feel of the original appendix pages, but since I've had no success converting them to .lrf or EBW1150 .imp and somewhat limited success converting them to .prc, I don't think they will be useful. Look nice, but not functional! I'll mainly do this for my REB1200 .imp version (which is why I did this in the first place! ).

Quote:
I'm planning to drop the guide files, as well as the cover gallery. I don't think they will be useful. I also had to write a script for the flagsoftheworld file. I edited the refmaps file by hand. The other files I opened in Firefox and copy-pasted into OpenOffice because they were mainly text.

I'm thinking about dropping the rankorder and fields folders. It would save 10MB and 5MB, respectively. What do you think?
When I did the 2005 version, despite what you said in post #1, I did have a psuedo-TOC (index.html), the national flags on the Country intro page and Flags of the World section, and all the appendices (A-F). I included the FAQs, Notes & Definition, Guide to Country Profiles, Copyright info, and Purchasing info. In short, almost everything was left in.

I did leave out the refmaps as they were graphic intensive and thus not too suitable for small screened ebook readers.

I haven't reviewed nor included yet the rankorder and fields pages to see their effect. However, they WOULD disappear, in a heartbeat, if they add too much to the final ebook's filesize.

Are you working in .html or using an ebook creating program to compile the Factbook? I'm working in just .html/.opf and a text editor.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote