View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #178
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
But for my vision impaired friend with a big font, it seems he likes 1.0 and it often gives that one more line per page. With only a few lines per page one more is a lot
Has your friend tried setting the calibre convert filter style option?
Convert - Look&Feel - Filter Style Info tab - Other CSS Properties set to line-height. This should remove all line-heights from the epub during the conversion.

I don't use it myself as I prefer the hand-edit approach but, on the same Look&Feel page, I do also have both the Minimum line height and Line Height boxes set to zero as I don't want to risk calibre adding even more unwanted line-heights.

Once all existing line-heights have been removed then a simple
div, p , blockquote {line-height: 1.0}
in the kobo_extra.css file should work for most epubs, with the caveat that Dropcaps and long chapter headings may no longer look too good.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote