View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #14
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by msxman View Post
Kindle offers s few advantages:
1) Send a Sample actually gives the first chapter on Kindle whereas on Kobo you see the first pages of comments on other books and the ISBN and copyright page, but no actual sample
2) Amazon has a Wish List to be able to track upcoming releases and wanted books
3) Amazon has a better search allowing to search an author by publication date etc.
4) There are lists of suggested books created by other users based on what you like

Kobo books are also available from Chapters online which makes gift certificates for Canadians to get. Although I don't know if the Indigo rewards card that gives %10 off works with ebooks.
All books offered on Kobo are available in Canada, no exchange needed
Supporting Canadian company is good!
Welll...I do the reverse of what Amazon was trying to get customers to do...I browse and preview at Amazon and then buy wherever it's cheapest, which is often not Amazon since I never find discount codes for Kindle! I note the release date, title etc in my google calendar and when its' time, check Kobo, BooksOnBoard and Diesel-ebooks for best price and then buy.
And yes, the Indigo rewards card does give 10% off ebooks (but the thread with the Kobo Discount Codes always gets you better discounts).
It would definitely be a BIG plus if Kobo posted books pre-release.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote