View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #109
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@ackleybj - Welcome to the Calibre forums.

Firstly, you are quite correct that if you do not have the automerge feature turned on, then Calibre treats anything with the same title as a possible duplicate, regardless of the author. I 100% agree that displaying the author with the title would make it easier to understand when you have a false positive being reported. I would suggest that you raise a feature request on the Calibre bug tracker, and hopefully Kovid or someone will either make the change or respond otherwise.

The second thing I would add is that have you considered looking at turning on the Automerge functionality, in Preferences->Adding books. Many posts in this thread have discussed this in detail (particularly the changes made to the features you have with it now). What this will give you is a duplicate detection based on authors being identical. You can choose from the dropdown what you want to do when it does detect such a duplicate. You might find this option significantly reduces the manual steps that you deal with currently.

Good luck!
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote